Prov 17:22

A merry heart doeth good like a medicine... - Proverbs 17:22

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Editing Shmediting

YAY! It's sent off!
     Have been working for weeks on editing my novel to enter in CWG's Operation First Novel contest. This is the same novel and the same contest from a year ago, when it placed in the top ten. In the last year, I've learned enough to see hundreds of needed changes and try again. Next year I'm sure I will learn still more. How long do I keep this up? I told myself ten years, so I've got a way to go. Published or not, I am learning and, I hope, becoming a better writer. But for now, I am completely tired of the thing. I hope to not look at it again for a long, long time. I'm so sick of the characters, I'd probably kill them all off just for spite.
     How about you? Got dreams and goals that you've let die because it just got to be too much effort? Too little reward? If it's something God called you to, don't quit. I'd feel sick right now if the first (or second, or third) draft of my book had been published. God knows when it will be ready, and he knows when it's time for your dream to come to fruition, too.
     But if you quit, it never will. And you'll never know. And God will have to find someone else.

2 comments:

  1. Good for you, Terrie. And let's hope this time it will soar to the top and all your hard work will be worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Linda! As much as I'd love that, it may not place at all. But I will still know it's a better book than it was before. And if it doesn't place, it means there are that many more good books out there...so everybody wins. (Or that's what I tell myself!) :)

    ReplyDelete