Prov 17:22

A merry heart doeth good like a medicine... - Proverbs 17:22

Thursday, May 19, 2011

The Up Side of Writer's Block

When my husband comes home to this for lunch on a Thursday, he knows his wife has a serious case of writer's block.
     Oh, I know there's no such thing. There's laziness and procrastination and self-doubt and procrastination and distraction and lack of direction and procrastination, maybe. But it all boils down to the same thing, and the only cure is to park your butt in the chair and start putting words down, one after the other. So what if it's crap? Eventually some little jewel will surface that may turn out to be useful and if not, it's all about exercising your muscle. Use it or lose it and all that.
     Today, it's also about another thing. A growing, niggling sense that maybe it's time I started writing about something I don't feel ready to write about. Really, God? But what if this and what if that? What if I'm wrong? I need some guidance. And courage and wisdom and skills I really don't have.
     And while I wait...I think I'll go see what delights I can create for tonight's supper.

1 comment:

  1. Supper was an old favorite (Yay!), but not quite as photogenic as lunch.

    ReplyDelete