Prov 17:22

A merry heart doeth good like a medicine... - Proverbs 17:22

Thursday, February 10, 2011

A Room with a View

By the time I got to Denver, its residents were just ready for their morning coffee break. Now I'm settling into my room and hope to rest a bit before registration for the Writing for the Soul conference. Poor Jon, who took me to the airport this morning (we left the house at 5), will not have the same luxury as he works 9 am- 8 pm on Thursdays. Here's a picture of my view from the 19th floor.

     Observations so far: 
  • my breath like a fog around my face even though it's only -4C. 
  • bags feel twice as heavy at this altitude - should have borrowed something on wheels
  • "Penitentiary- Do Not Pick Up Hitchhikers" sign on the freeway
  • "Medicinal Marijuana" sign on the side of a downtown building
  • Colorado has a bill coming up for reading that, if passed, will end Daylight Savings Time here.
All for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment